McEwen Industries began in 1991. Here’s a fun list of things that have always been the norm for people that were born in 1991 –
- They have never used a card catalogue to find a book.
- The Green Giant has always been Shrek, and not a big green guy picking vegetables.
- State abbreviations in addresses have never had periods.
- They have always been able to read books on an electronic screen.
- Cable television stations have always offered telephone service and vice versa.
- Babies have always had a social security number.
- There have always been flat screen televisions.
- There has always been a blue Jell-O.
- There has always been a computer in the Oval Office.
- Salsa has always outsold ketchup.
Source: The Mindset List from Beloit College
What else can you add to the list?
Please click below to watch our new video that showcases our eight new patterns for 2016!
Please click here for more information on our in-ground liners.
As McEwen Industries celebrates our 25th anniversary this year, let’s look back at what was happening in 1991.
George H.W. Bush and Dan Quayle were the President and Vice-President. A first class stamp had just gone up from 25 cents to 29 cents. “Dances with Wolves” won the award for film of the year and Natalie Cole won song of the year for her duet of a recording with her father, Nat King Cole, of “Unforgettable”. The NY Giants defeated the Buffalo Bills in Superbowl XXV and the Minnesota Twins defeated the Atlanta Braves in the World Series. Duke won over Kansas in the NCAA basketball tournament. Next to “60 Minutes”, the two most popular TV shows were “Rosanne” and “Murphy Brown”. In 1991, we said goodbye to Miles Davis and Theodor Seuss Geisel (Dr. Seuss) and saw the birth of the “World Wide Web” which would forever change the world.
What do you remember from 1991?
We are excited to celebrate our 25th anniversary this year! Please check out our new “About us” video:
Please click here to find a McEwen Industries’ dealer in your area.
The future is here with our new Fun & Fitness Spa! This spa is a combination of a swim spa and a large portable spa. It is designed to allow you to work on your exercise routines, such as rowing or swimming, while allowing you to have a 12-person seated hot tub at the same time. The Fun & Fitness Spa is a new twist on two popular styles of spas.
Click here for more information on our other Highland Spas.
We are excited to debut another exclusive liner pattern for 2016. This pattern will interest anyone who gravitates towards the popular water reflections floor. This brand new tile border incorporates stone elements highlighting the architectural details of the design. This new pattern will make a bold statement in any swimming pool.